Wednesday 2 March 2011

It's a paper monster! (ish...)

Its not really a paper monster, just a little experiment i have done with slots in bits of paper cut into the same shape. i wanted to see how strong this could be, and also if a large structure could be created like this as a response to my brief 'Repeat'. I got a bit of inspiration from this from attending a laser cutting session at uni, where i learned not only how to use a laser cutting machine, but what you can actually do with one. i went in knowing nothing and came out with another tool in my arsenal.



Looks kinda alien like...

Added a few more sections here


Using slots alone wasn't exactly what i'd call strong, but its a way of connecting two shapes together on an edge. I used normal white card to create this, but using thicker card would have strengthened it further, something i'll have to bear in mind if i require this kind of technique in my development.

No comments:

Post a Comment