Sunday 13 March 2011

My lack of patience payed off!

I have a fairly short attention span. And i'm not very patient. Two skills which could potentially have been catastrophic to this project i hear you say? NO!
Here's the story of these pieces;
After my appalling attempt at creating the previous flower patterns, i thought i'd check on online how to make an origami flower to get me started. I found a youtube video called 'Easy way to make a beautiful origami rose'. Brilliant! Just what i need! That will help me right?
...10 minutes passed...
...then another...
then i realised Rick Astley wasn't going to make a damn rose, so i tried another video.
This one was a genuine way to make a rose.
And it wasn't that easy! Actually, it was so not easy, i didn't even make a rose. However, after i got my 6 inch bit of square paper folded into the starting shape, i thought it looked a bit like the union jack...






So i thought i'd make another...




And Some More...




And with 6 done, they didn't look like union jack's anymore. I thought they looked a bit like a sand dune from certain angles. And BANG! Eureka moment. Sand dunes are a NATURAL FORM! AND they look COOL!
So now i'm going to look into this a bit and see where it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment