Tuesday 18 October 2011

A Little More Research

I have looked into what Sky Arts have to offer to their audience. On their website, they split up their program listings into these categories:

  • Festivals
  • Art & Design
  • Books
  • Films & Docs
  • Music
  • Dance
  • Opera
  • Theatre and Drama

It seems much of their programming is based around performance art (besides some anomalies like 'The Book Show, which is one of their biggest shows). This is definitely something i need to bear in mind, as my animation needs to fit in with the feel and genre of Sky Arts.

After looking through descriptions of many shows on Sky Arts, i think it is reasonable to suggest that the target audience would be aged around 30+ (again, besides a few instances such as music festivals etc.) This is also a major piece of info i should keep in mind when creating my animation.

I have also drawn out a few quick initial ideas, shown below. I am going to have a think about these and how I could develop them into an interesting storyboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment