Wednesday 19 October 2011

Moving Type Tutorial


Today I had a play around with moving type, using 3D space and cameras. We were given some text and an audio reading of...something....not sure what....and was shown how to move and animate it in 3D space, rather than sticking to plain 2D side-to-side-up-down space. I could now move in and out using a camera tool. The results are below:




There are more things I could do with this such as adding motion blur and playing with the easy ease in and outs, but I simply ran out of time in the session. I would actually like to play this a bit more, so I may very well check out these features and upload another video a bit more flashier if I get the chance!


I found this tutorial massively useful. A few hours ago i would not have had a clue how to operate After Effects in a 3D space. Now i feel i could create some really interesting things using this new found feature!

No comments:

Post a Comment