Monday 9 January 2012

Panic Time!

On Friday, I went and showed my video so far to my tutors, and the response was awful. Really. In fact, I don't think a single positive comment was made about the video itself.   :(


So what came out of that meeting was to scrap this video and start on a new final. A few ideas were given, so I need to do some thinking about which direction to choose.
One suggestion was to use a simple sheet of instructions to be laid on the seats of the participating seats. A bit boring for an animation student I must admit, but it makes sense. So this is something I am leaning towards doing. But It isn't going to be a sheet of text, I don't do things that way. Its going to have to look good.
The one thing I wouldn't want to happen would be the audience to arrive at their seat to find a sheet of paper sat there and for them to think its a programme or advertisement and to pick it up and place it under their seat to be ignored. We have all done it before, so it can happen if the sheet doesn't attract attention.


The other good suggestion, which was actually part of my intentions for my video anyway, was to create a full working representation of the screen in operation. Similar to the letter 'A' video which I posted previously in my development, but with the whole letter set for Alight. However, the difference is I am going to add features which will reward the audience for participating in sync. For example, if two people sat next to each other tap at the same time, the light could linger for a little longer. They could even join into one bigger, longer flash. Or it could fade in to a brighter set of lights. There are many options which I could incorporate, all of which need to be thought about and then played around with.


Well, deadline is Friday, so I better get cracking on with it. Fingers crossed all will be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment