Tuesday 10 January 2012

Screen in Use



Here is a demo of what the screen in use would look like:



Regular readers will know by now that I must apologise if this video looks a little low quality. Thats because it is, due to my incredibly rubbish internet speeds. The final is rendered in full HD.
It is insane how tedious it was to create this! I did it in Adobe After Effects and in total used 233 layers (containing one light). Each light flicker had to be animated separately to get a realistic view of what it would look like.


Seating Plan
Here is a recap of the seating plan. The dimmer lights would represent taps from people sitting in any of the white seats. Although they do not create the letters, they are equally as important as it creates the surrounding image, and sets the mood for the scene.
The brighter lights are representations of taps from those in the red seats (which obviously spells out the word). When these lights turn even brighter and linger for a while longer, this person has tapped their pad in sync with another person in a red seat of the same letter. This rewards the audience for tapping in sync, and makes the words seem clearer.


I really like how it would look on screen, and I know that it would look spectacular to create it in reality, and would be immense fun to play with. Shame about that whole budget thing....


Well, after completing this, all I need to do now is create a 10 slide pdf to present to the tutors to finish things off. But after sitting at this Mac for 7 and a half hours, I think I need to lay down in a dark room for a while. I'll do the pdf tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment