Wednesday 7 December 2011

Budget issues aside, it is possible!

I checked out how my idea could realistically be achieved, and got to searching for different forms of pressure pads/mats. Here is an example:


Exciting, huh?
This pressure pad is one of many I found for sale online. This one in particular was found on Maplins' online store at http://www.maplin.co.uk/pressure-mat-3091?c=froogle&u=3091&t=module


Most pressure mats I looked at were used for security purposes. The idea being that when an intruder steps on one it triggers the alarm. However, due to my mighty electronics intellect, I know this sends a digital signal to the input device. This signal, being digital, is either ON or OFF. In terms of my idea, this ON/OFF signal would represent whether the on-screen visuals are ON or OFF. I have little-to-no knowledge of computer coding, so unfortunately I wouldn't have a clue HOW to code each input to the screen to show the visuals.


Using the price of this pad at Maplins, and the seating plan intended for at the City Hall, a figure has been worked out. The seating plan holds 25x7 seats, equaling 175 participating seats. Multiply this by the price of each pad (£7.99) and we get the very reasonable price of £1398.25. I don't see the issue here, do you? :p


But this is a step towards how the idea would become reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment