Thursday 1 December 2011

First Sketches

I have done a few initial sketches based on my idea of celebrating Sheffield.
The 3 sketches I have done show just Sheffield F.C., the Steelworks, and Tinsley Towers.


If I progress with this idea, there will be may more aspects to the projection. I would like to show some significant buildings such as Meadowhall, the Winter Gardens, Kelham Island and more.


The basic idea is shown below:


This section would show a footballer in a Sheffield F.C. kit, dribble the ball a bit then kick towards the camera.

This ball will enter full view of the screen, getting directly in front of the camera, showing just the colour.

This colour then zooms out to show a molten liquid pouring (possibly out of focus like shown).


As the camera zooms out we see this is the Steelworks smelter.


Smoke from the furnaces could then be focused on and zoomed back to show...


The Tinsley Cooling Towers.

From here, this scene would flow to another in a similar way, creating a celebration of Sheffield in one seamless motion.
It needs a bit more development and thought, but as a basic idea I quite like the way it will move on screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment