Friday 2 December 2011

Final Pitch

So after generating this new idea, I added this to my pdf presentation and showed it to my tutor today. The response was AMAZING! Not only am I really happy with it, but my tutor and fellow designers really like the idea too. It a risky idea, as it completely relies on audience participation, but hey, aren't risks the most exciting things in life?


I will find out later if I am to be shortlisted to present to the client. As my tutor and I both mentioned during my pitch, the budget for the festival is pretty tight, and even though he would like to shortlist me for the simple fact the idea is great, both of us know it won't go ahead due to money issues. But the experience of presenting an idea like this to a client could be useful, so i'll find out later about that!
A piece of constructive criticism out tutor gave not just to me, but to everyone who pitched, is that we were very apologetic about the budget in our pitch. Almost all of us were guilt of saying things like 'due to budgeting this idea would have to be stripped down a bit'. A good point he made was if the idea is good enough and the client is interested enough they will find a budget for it. So YES, screw the budget they have warned upon us, my idea IS brilliant, I AM happy with it, and if it needs shrinking, that is something for them to worry about, not me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment