Friday 2 December 2011

Dummy-Run Pitch

I am going to be adding 3 posts here explaining what has happened over the past 2 days, so pay attention viewers, because things change pretty drastically!


I'll start with yesterday with a dummy-run pitch to one of our tutors.


We were asked to pitch our ideas to our tutor who would then be selecting a small amount for shortlisting to present to the actual client next week. Yesterday was a dummy-run for today, so we could work out any kinks or issues in our presentation ready for the final pitch today.
I explained what research I had done (which is all here on this blog) and where my thoughts were going. I explained my idea about the short animatic sequences blending into one another to celebrate the iconic and memorable parts/aspects of Sheffield. This did not go down well.
It didn't include any interactive elements which engages the audience (like the CrowdSpeak exercises we had done), which I wasn't aware we needed. It actually doesn't say in the brief this is needed which confused me, but our tutors thought it would be a good way to approach the brief. And because my idea so far hadn't got very far in terms of content and only showed Sheffield F.C., Steelworks and Tinsley, the images didn't seem to work very well together, and did not achieve much of a response. Bummer. Back to the drawing board!
Which is where I started to think differently...

No comments:

Post a Comment