Thursday 8 December 2011

Further Development

Iv'e had another chat with my tutor about my idea and which direction it is going and came up with some really good ideas.


IDEA 1
I was struggling to come up with what my final outcome is going to be. The obvious way to go would be to create a longer video of my mock-ups, using the real letter set-up and lights to create the visuals and using all the letters of Alight. However, this would still not show how the visuals are working with the pressure pads.
So, as a short video for an outcome, I could flick between or pan to the feet tapping the pads and to the screen visual. This would show how the screen works, and could also be used as a demo to play for the audience to show them what they can do.


IDEA 2
Another thing I could also do is look into coding, and how I could make things happen on screen by doing something in the real world, like tapping the microphone, or pressing a key. This would give me a better insight to how my idea would work. I could create something simple like a square changes colour when the user presses the space bar, but this could lead to something even more interesting. Which leads to idea 3...


Idea 3
Following the idea of the rectangle seating plan, I could replicate this using a keyboard. Look down at you keyboard. Go on, take a look, i'll wait here.
You back? Good. Thats sort of like a grid seating plan. If I look into the coding and get good enough at it, I could create a screen similar to that being used at the City Hall, and use each key to represent a pressure pad being tapped. The user can see what the screen will look like when each light comes on. This will take a bit of research into coding and how to do it using software like Flash, but I think it would look really good!


Next step is to start with research into coding and how to use simple ON/OFF codes in Flash. Watch this space, it could get pretty interactive!

No comments:

Post a Comment