Wednesday 30 November 2011

CrowdSpeak 2.0


I joined in another effort at CrowdSpeak with my class. This time it was to be done all digitally, using Adobe Illustrator, passing on the file via email to each other after we added our part of the design. I have collected each section together to create this little animation showing the process below.



This was a NIGHTMARE to put together, and as you can see, it flickers on some letters when I have imported the jpegs into After Effects. I found when I imported them, an error message popped up when i previewed the motion saying 'After Effects error: The file format module cannot parse to file 43 : 35'. Erm.......what?
So after a bit of googling, I learned the problem lies within colour modes, and the suggestion was that one or more of the individual files were set to CMYK, not RGB. So I had the tedious job of taking ALL the jpegs into photoshop to check and re-save each file to correct settings because as the files were passed on, someone had changed the settings and passed on files in CMYK, and oblivious to this, everyone else, including me, carried on. In total there was about 72 files to re-save. Urgh. But I did it, and it worked, so thank you to the kind people at Adobe for telling me about the problem!
Moving away from my little rant, I did, once again, enjoy doing this. I look forward to receiving a new file to see what designs people have added. When  letter came back round which I had added to previously, its really interesting to see how it has progressed, and whether my design has much impact (or can even be seen) on it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment