Wednesday 23 November 2011

More info from the Client

We had a chance to do a Q&A with the client to find out more info on the brief. It was interesting, but massively confusing! She did seem to give pretty broad answers to nearly every question asked, but I think thats because its a really broad brief!

She gave us the website to the Alight festival (which, as she stated, is pretty terrible and dry, with not much info on it yet). Site if found at: http://www.alightmusicnation.co.uk/



One fact she couldn't stress enough about is that we CANNOT in any way, shape or form relate to the 2012 Olympics, otherwise all goes spiralling downhill, and hefty lawsuits and fines may ensue. Pretty strange seeing as though it follows the Olympics, but hey, I just design the gear, not business!

What interested me particularly was that there will possibly be 2 screens at the Twilight event. This could be used to create the illusion of a projection passing from screen to screen. However, that is not set in stone, and she also mentioned she probably wouldn't find out for sure until a lot later into our project. Really helpful, thanks! Either way, so far I am leaning towards the projections, but it is still early stages, so I need to look into ideas generation a bit more anyway.

She also mentioned to bear in mind that even though it is located in Sheffield, it is formally the London 2012 Cultural Olympiad, and the location represents Yorkshire, not just Sheffield.

Other things mentioned were small but relevant details such as things to go on posters, tag-lines and preferences. We did also get told what audiences are expected to be at each event, which obviously as a designer is a massive part of how I am to approach the brief or certain aspects.

It gave me a lot to think about. I think the best thing to do next is to have a think about how to start my research into this project and see where that takes me in terms of idea generation!

No comments:

Post a Comment