Tuesday 29 November 2011

CrowdSpeak

Not posted in about a week, because I have been busy getting involved in a class project called CrowdSpeak. This is a brief which we have been using to help us see other angles at tackling the project. It involved us all using templates of the letters of 'Alight'. One person would draw onto the letter partially, and pass it on to someone else, who would also add a part of design to the letter, pass it on and so on. This creates a design which involves input from many individuals, and creates a piece of work which has a large ownership. Because of this, it gets you more involved and interested in the process.
The idea behind this is that if we could use this in some way to design for Alight, by using other people such as members of the public, they would be more interested in the festival itself, as they would actually be part of it.
I thoroughly enjoyed this mini-brief, and I feel it has helped me see other ways to develop and produce work in a meaningful manner. I can see why some of the group struggles with it, as in order to do it properly, you have to give up control of the work. Once you have finished your part, all the rest is up to other people, with no input from you. I found this rather exciting, and the final outcomes (which were hilarious!) had many different genres of design; some doodles were made, some really arty designs and patterns, some scribbles, colour and more, all on one letter. As each person added their part, a photo was taken before it was passed on, which meant we could input these to After Effects to animate and see visually how they progressed. I do not have the video, as our tutor created it, but if there is a chance I get hold of it, ill upload it!
Although i don't have the video of this one, I am going to do this again with other people and see what I come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment