Tuesday 8 November 2011

Personal Reflection and Action Plan

Probably should have posted this earlier, but only just found out it should be on here!


Self Reflection


Strengths


I feel that my strengths lie in my passion for moving image. I love learning new techniques, software and hardware, and building my skill set even further.
I am a quick learner, and once I get the grasp of new materials I can produce some really interesting things.
I also have my own illustrative style when it comes to drawing. I can create interesting pieces in both analogue and digital formats.
Another of my strengths is that I am able to adapt and improvise efficiently under pressure. If something goes wrong, or I am unable to progress a certain way, I am able to think of new ways to tackle the situation quickly with little to no problem.


Weaknesses


I believe my main weakness is time management. I always meet deadlines and have never failed a brief, however I sometimes find myself pressured for time, as I usually seem to find myself stuck in either the development or the idea generation stage of a brief for a while.
I also sometimes struggle to verbalise my ideas to others. Obviously I know what I mean, but my presentation skills need more work if I am to pitch to other people.




Action Plan




Building on my Strengths

Target - Gain a quicker grasp at idea generation.
What actions are needed – Start research early on to get a good understanding of new projects, thereby improving my pace at generating initial ideas.

Target – Gain more thorough knowledge of the tools available to me as a motion designer.
What actions are needed – Attend all tutorials in University, and continue to develop skills learned in these sessions. Also look into online tutorials in my own time to find out more about the software and hardware available.

Improving my performance on the course

Target – Build more confidence in presentation.
What actions are needed – Use notes and/or bullet points to refer to instead of reading from a script.

Target – Manage time more efficiently
What actions are needed – Make use of some form of time-plan and stick to it, giving myself good time with no interferences to focus on my work.

Improving my employment prospects

Target – Do some work outside of University
What actions are needed – Do some extra work in my own time to develop skills. Getting involved with other people from other areas of design and/or media will also build upon my teamwork skills and confidence.

Target – Build upon my CV
What actions are needed – Look into finding some volunteer work or get involved with projects outside of University. This will build upon my skills, but also gain some useful contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment