Tuesday 8 November 2011

Self Critique

Now that I have finished this project, I feel I should look back at my work and reflect on how things went.


Firstly, I was a bit slow during the ideas generation stage. I think this hindered me a bit at the start, as I could have got a quicker start on it and got into development much sooner.


I feel my development went really well. I shot about 60 short clips to get the few which were useful and set up how I wanted it for each section of my storyboard! I thought about different ways of approaching my final outcome. Initially I even thought about drawing it out in a cartoon like way! But obviously in the end I went for old fashioned filming with a bit of a play around in After Effects.


Despite how much fun I had creating it, I am a bit disappointed with my final outcome. Not the idea, or the way I did it, just the quality. It looks a bit pixelated around the edges on some shots, like the first one with the book. This is because of the green screen conditions. I found that green screening is really easy to do, but to do well takes a lot of patience and effort. I simply used two big sheets of green paper as a backdrop, costing around £4. Because of this, after effects picks up even the smallest colour differences, and makes outlines and edges looks jagged. If I could afford a Hollywood green screen studio for the reasonable price of a few hundred grand, i'd be all over it! But alas, I am not so lucky, yet.....
But like I mentioned, even though the quality didn't seem up to par, I am happy with my idea, and I thoroughly enjoyed producing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment