Sunday 6 November 2011

Green Screen 101



I searched online on various websites for some tutorials on green screening, and one thing came to mind on every video I watched: this seems too easy!
So I thought I better try it out myself before I jumped straight into the idea. I nipped down to Hobbycraft and got two big sheets of bright green paper (25% off! Bargain!) and got to work. Once I had filmed what I needed for the test, Green Screen on After Effects is done within 10 clicks of the mouse.
Layer the background video under the 'to be green screened' video. Check!
Drag on Keylight 2.0 onto composition. Check!
Use colour selector to remove unwanted colour (green). Check!
Change screen matte options to black. Check!
And watch! The outcome is below:



So simple to do! Its obviously a bit gritty and simple, but it is only a test. What I learned from this is not to be too close to the paper, because as you can see around my hand, it cannot get rid of the shadow! So this I must keep in mind when creating my videos. Quite looking forward to this, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment