Sunday 10 April 2011

Animation Idea 2

Before my character starts drumming, i would like a short narrative which gives him a bit of personality and gets the audience engaged with him. Also, i have decided i don't want all the musical element to be pure drum solo, as this wouldn't explain why the guy is a response to 70's disco genre. So i will start my music from 3m14s, where the music is still heavily influenced by this. The drums kick in at 3m26s, so for the 12 seconds i have before he is busting out some beats, i like the idea that he is strutting down a street (like how i originally saw him in my head!). He will stop next to a music shop, and glare through the window in awe at a drum kit set up inside. We are then taken into a thought/dream bubble from the characters head where we see him mashing out the first section of this solo. Nice.



 Here are a few drawings i have done which illustrate parts of my idea.


Strutting, amazement and beat time!
I shall be creating my storyboard draft for this over the next day and will post it up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment