Sunday 10 April 2011

Character Design

As explained in the previous posts, i have had an image of this guy in my head since i first heard my music, so i thought i would start development with him.


I can't think of a name for him yet...
I have drawn a few simple expressions he could use too, giving him more of a personality.
To keep things simple i have drawn him in a cartoon fashion, with little detail, as well as no fingers, as these could be difficult to animate. This may change through development.


I also used this scan in photoshop to add colour to him to see how he could look. I tried a few different colour sets, but found this one to be my favourite:


Fresh!
The colours are very vibrant and representational of the 70's genre i am aiming for.
I also used a few effects to see how some added details could look:


*Details clearer on larger image*
I dont really like the effects on this, as i feel it makes him look too complicated, and thats not the way i want this guy to seem. He is simple, laid back and slick.


I do really like this character idea, so i think i'm going to develop him further and see how i could create an animation with this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment