Saturday 30 April 2011

IT IS COMPLETED!

I started playing with after effects quite a bit after the walking test i did, and as i became more confident using it, i am proud to say i managed to cut down my original 190 cell drawings into around 110-150, and animated the rest digitally, or used animated layers from photoshop files.
I actually completed the whole thing in roughly 2 days solid (well, i did take time to sleep, eat and drink, you know, the human stuff). Not because i was rushing, i have a full week until deadline. I did it because i got so engrossed in the process, and i was enjoying every minute of it! And i can firmly say i have a pretty cool final animation to hand in!

Below are a few pictures of the mess of paper i made on my bed throughout the animation. These are piles of cell drawings and character developments i did which were necessary to create my piece. I had to scan in almost all of these (like i said, between 110-150, my poor scanner was making awful noises afterwards...) to then put in photoshop, cut layers out of, colour, import into after effects, position, time, and animate. On nearly every drawing.
Some i could import as a jpeg or photoshop sequence which was really helpful, dragging in whole sections at once as one file, instead of all 36 in each sequence. This made it much easier to layer on the timeline and position correctly.





This pile was 36 images thick, which lasted 3 seconds in animation time :s
I have probably killed a flock of trees (its probably not actually called a flock of trees, but you get the idea) just to create 23 seconds of animation. For this, i apologise to the world eco system. But if the world could literally see my animation, i'm sure it would forgive me!

I will upload my animation to Youtube and post it in a separate post on here because blogger wont upload it for some reason. Get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment